Sunday, June 20, 2010

The crazy dog lady is back! I've given myself this title because I am really starting to think this is how people see me, haha. Okay, so I love talking and carrying on about my dogs like they were my kids, so what. Truth is they keep me going. They are my favorite topic of conversation.

After DJ passed, it felt mighty strange coming home to an empty house. I spent my childhood, teenage years, all the way into my adult hood with this dog so you can imagine how difficult it was to cope with such a loss. Although no one could ever take his place, I did make a promise to him that I would adopt a dog in honor of him. Adopting and rescuing has been a passion of mine since as long as I could remember. It took 2 dogs to fill his paws!

It's very difficult for me to post pictures or make a blog for DJ and all of the pets in my life that have since passed.  It's not that I have forgotten about them in any way shape or form.  They exists strongly in my mind and in my heart.  I just learned that all we have left sometimes is the memories we shared in life (especially if a big ol' hurricane came by and destroyed all the pictures you had from the past).  So that's all I'm doing is making memories of the present and never forgetting the past.

Anyway, my dogs get my mind off of the stresses in life. I love having them, taking care of them, learning about their species in general, training them, and most in importantly, loving them. So, thank you to my pups for giving me strength to get up on the days I would rather sleep in, thanks for taking my mind off of things like work and other depressing issues, and thanks for being the most loyal beings God has put on this earth.

No comments: